Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration.
When we have Ms Team by default the setup only for our organization only. Meaning, we are only can do communication with our team inside the Organization which already registered on Office 365 account.
But we can also add external users to an Office 365 Group as a guest, although guest permissions in an Office 365 Group are slightly different and grant them access to more resources outside of Teams
Here as below the step how to Enable Guest Access in MS Team.
This setting only your administrator can access and the setup it self it will be impact to all your organization policy once the guest access are allowed.
1.Go to Admin Center (https://admin.microsoft.com) and click Team
2. Select Org-wide settings, then click on Guest access. Then Toggle the Allow guest access in Teams switch to On. Then click Save.
3. Once you’ve enabled guest access, it’s time to specify exactly what guests will be allowed to do and see in your teams and then click Save again.
After all completed, your admin are done to setup your Ms Team Organization and now you can invite guest access on your Ms Team application.
Invite a guest to your team in Microsoft Teams
Only team owners can add a guest in Teams, so if you’re an IT admin you might need to make yourself an owner of a team before you start adding guests to it. (You can do this is in the Teams admin center by selecting Teams > Manage teams)
1. In the Teams app, select Teams on the left sidebar and go to the team you want to add a guest to.
2. Select More options (…) then Add member.
3. Enter the guest’s email address, then click on Edit guest information to give them a friendly user name. Then click Add. Your guest will receive a welcome email invitation.
Guests must have an Office 365 work or school account. If they don’t have a Microsoft account associated with their email, they’ll be prompted to create one for free.